Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Closer

Today has been a long and emotionally frustrating day. We thought that our request from the home study agency that was done yesterday would work, but we woke up to an email stating that we needed more documentation. Our friends in the United States all knew this before we did!! So, when our days started at 7am, it was only 3am at home. This meant that we stressed until 8am, until any offices were open. So, five hours later, we were able to begin "working" on this situation from here.

After numerous emails, phone calls, skype calls--I think we are getting closer to getting our visas for the kids. Please pray that the USCIS office in Chicago will find favor with our situation and be willing to push the documentation through. Originally we were told that our home study agency wouldn't be able to do anything until at least next Tuesday because the lady we originally met with was on vacation. AGH! So, prayer, phone calls, pleadings, a letter of request--may our God find favor on our children.

At the moment it is 12:20am, and Zenon left about an hour and a half ago looking for a 24 hour Internet cafe with a printer and fax machine. Our local Congressman's office will help us, but the need a signed faxed request on a specific form. We learned of this at 10:10 pm here. So, off he went. Please pray that our congressman's office will also be able to help us bring our children home.

Zenon made a comment today about them being orphans, during a conversation we were having, and then I looked at him, with tears in my eyes (okay, I'm crying again) and said, "They are not orphans--they are OUR CHILDREN!" It hit us both at that moment. Just because I can't bring them to the United States today, doesn't mean they are any less our children.

We have plane tickets for Saturday, and hope that this will be resolved by then. If not, we will have to figure out what to do next.

Please continue to pray for us!

7 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

You continue to be in our prayers! Yes, I too got caught in my throat the first time I referred to my son as an "orpha-I mean former orphan!" May God continue to use your time in Ukraine to bless your children and those you come in contact with!

Vince , Shelly and Maddie said...

We're thinking about you and praying all is getting better on the paperwork front.

BridgetdSmith said...

Monique I am still "walking & praying this with you".... It is a long story, I'll share it with you Monique when we FINALLY get to talk!!

BUT.... I have a verse for you... I feel/ KNOW that i am supposed to share it with you & Zenon...

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in ME you may have PEACE. In the world you WILL HAVE tribulation, but take corage; I have overcome the world."John16:33

Take heart my friend!!!! He has you covered AND those precious babes!!!

Never will He leave you NEVER will He forsake you.......LOOK for what He has for you!!!!!


Can't wait to hear ALLL the deatils!!!

Many hugs & prayers!!!!!~B

Florian Steciuch, CMPS said...

Hey! God did not bring you all the way there and to these children to create heart ache! Now is the time to trust Him completely, 100%. You are in our prayers. We've got all kinds of people praying for you.
See you Sunday.

The Flying Eagle said...

best of luck :-)

Kevin and Tammy said...

Sounds like you are moving forward. I hope that all is well today. We are keeping you in our prayers.
Tammy

Lionel said...

Zenon and Monique,

Since hearing you were having difficulty, Stacy and I have both been in prayer for you. I will make sure that your friends at Calvary Church pray for you corporately this Sunday as you endeavor to bring "your children" home.

With Love -

Lionel

Ukranian Orphans