Monday, June 23, 2008

Court Date?

Today we went to the courthouse to meet with the judge who is assigned to our case. We were told on Friday that we could get our court date scheduled with him today. We decided that we would walk to the courthouse. It was nice and sunny. About 2pm when we were getting ready to leave, dark clouds rolled in and it began to hail, and pour! So, we tried to call a taxi, and were unable to get one, due to them being busy. Zenon called Natalia, and she and her driver said they would come pick us up. Zenon saw the white van and told me to go get in it while he grabbed his backpack. So, off I went, jumped into the van and the man began talking to me and I just sat there smiling. Zenon came to the van, said something to the driver and realized that I had jumped into the wrong van! Out I went, and we laughed so hard we sat on the porch crying.

We finally arrived at the courthouse to wait, yes, wait. We waited only to discover that our case had NOT been taken up to the judges office, they had not received our papers. Zenon and Natalia tracked them down, and then they were taken up to the office. Now we must wait until tomorrow and hopefully he will have read our case and be willing to schedule the court date for Thursday or Friday. Natalia will call in the morning and we are hoping that we can go tomorrow and get what we need. We cannot come home until we go in front of the judge.

We walked downtown and got something to eat at an outdoor cafe. Suddenly, yes, suddenly, the skies darkened again and a very scary thunderstorm began. We continued to eat and watch it rain like cray. The scariest part was when about 1/2 block away at the park, which I could see, and lighting bolt came down and I screamed, Zenon grabbed me, and the light from the lightening bolt was so bright! We waited until the rain slowed a bit then called a taxi to take us back. Then we just relaxed this evening.

4 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

Hopefully you will get to see the judge today. I know it is so frustrating to wait on the process. There is a reason that God is keeping you there for a few more days. Just trust. I know you are having so much fun with the children. They are so beautiful.

Carrie Comstock said...

The van story made me laugh out loud! :)

Hoping you see the judge *very* soon!!

Anonymous said...

ok, the story about the van cracked me up! You are lucky he didn't take off with you! Can you imagine what the driver of the van was thinking??? hahahaha!! I bet you can't wait to see Elyse, Alex and Addie! Hopefully we will get to see all of you soon. It's been great to stay updated on everything that is going on thru your blog. Love you!! Jenn

Robyn said...

Can't wait to meet and see the newest Horb's! I am praying for you all!
Robyn Walsworth

Ukranian Orphans