Sunday, June 1, 2008

His Time--Our Time

It's Sunday evening, and I'm reflecting over the last couple of years, at how this journey has transpired. We didn't think that when we began this process three years ago, that it would take this long. I've been able to see, looking back at the past couple of years, that it was not His time to add to our family. I've been able to see more clearly God's hand in our lives. He has the big picture, and we are part of his amazing plan. He has found favor on us, and now His Time... is Our Time to Go.

A friend of mine gave these verse to me out of I Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your cares on him because he cares for you." My God has a mighty hand, and he can take on all my anxiety--he is Big Enough to take on all my fears this week and the weeks to come.

I know that he has called us to open our hearts to love children who so desperately need a family. My heart has been open, and broken as I pray for our children, as I know that it won't be easy, and as we prepare this last week for our Journey to Ukraine--Our Journey for Our Children. "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18. I think about how Our God will continue to go before us. He continues to reach his hand down, to ask me to follow him, to show me the way to go.

This journey to complete our family has not been easy, nor will living our lives ever be easy. I know that there is joy in the journey, and for that I will forever be grateful. I met with The Girls this last week, and they had a sweet time of prayer for me and our family. (A group of six of us has met together over the last several years and are affectionately called The Girls.) I am so thankful that I have friends who are supporting and encouraging us as we take this final step in our Ukraizy Adventure.

Prayer: Please pray as I get the kids organized for when we are gone.
For Elyse, Alex, and Addie--we've not been away from them this long before, that they won't be "homesick" for us.
For final packing preparations.
God's provision of our financial needs, that we will be anxious.

Thank You: To our friends who have so graciously provided suitcases, humanitarian aid (which we will want to bring more on the second trip!), meals, prayers, and encouragement.

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Don't forget family and friends can text message you for free from their computers to your Ukrainian cell phone, just have them go to
http://www.kyivstar.net/en/sms/
You won't be able to respond for free but it is encouraging to get notes from home!

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. I know God is in control and He will have His hand on you all as you live His grace out through the adoption.

Your OLDEST friend,
Kim

Ukranian Orphans