Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 7 - Ukranian Pizza Day

We woke up a little late today. Once we got ready for the day, it seemed appropriate for us to spend some time in prayer. GOD HAS BEEN GOOD! Although we face many challenges ahead, we know for sure, the God has our backs. That's actually better than a large Ukrainian-American behind you. We started the day at the notary to have some official documents notarized. I have quickly noticed the biggest difference between Zenon Uki's and Ukrainian Ukis - their ability to WAIT. Not one of my strengths, especially when dealing with layers of bureaucracy. However, a side note, once they hear me speaking in Ukrainian, they seem to become more jovial and are very interested in how I speak their language.

This is where I explain to them the tortuous Ukrainian school I had to attend every Saturday until I was 17 years old. Yes, I missed Saturday morning cartoons, unless I faked being sick to stay home. I do have to admit - Tato and Mama I am grateful that you were persistent in teaching us our heritage and language!


Ruslan, Yuri and Alina are wonderful! We have been so blessed - first with three awesome children in Elyse, Alex and Addie and now in extending our family. Todaya we gave them the books on learning English, and they were excited to look at them. They are like picture dictionaries/basic grammar. Today we took our three new children out for pizza. The pizza was actually very good. We then headed over to a Uki ice cream parlor (that's what they claim it is) that had a small play area for the kids. It rained pretty hard today, which limited our outdoor activity. As we headed back to the orphanage, my heart was touched by Alina's little voice "Chomy mu ne mozhe mo stobuyu pitu?" Translation "Why can't we come with you today?" There aren't many times when a large Ukrainian man has to hold in his tears. By the way, my wife is curious to why all the Ukrainian men are so skinny and she married a Uki guy that is larger than most NFL linebackers.



We were walking today, and saw a beekeeper! I just had to post this photo, since my father in law is a "hobby beekeeper" in Michigan.

We also found the only WiFi restaurant in Ternopol - looks like an Olde English Pub in a new shopping mall. We will update tomorrow.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I check a couple of times a day to see if you have posted your next blog. smile. I love the pictures and hearing both of your comments. I love to hear that you started your day with time with the Lord. I can just picture your little girl so excited to be grafted into your family NOW! smile. Thinking and praying for you lots!

Anonymous said...

We are new to following your blog. We are also in the process of adopting children from Ukraine. We are so happy for your family. Our God is so good. We will keep you in our prayers.
David and Cindie

Unknown said...

These children are going to fit so well into your family. We are so excited for you and are praying, we can't wait to meet them.

Dawn said...

I just keep thinking how extremely blessed these children are. I think it so wonderful that right off the bat they have a parent who speaks their language, who can help them integrate into a shockingly different culture, who can translate for them, who can ask them how they are doing as he tucks them into bed at night. Wow. God is so good. What a great reminder to us, Zenon, that even when we are doing something that seems pointless and aggrivating we can KNOW that God has plan to prosper us and give us a wonderful future.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Love the pics! Try to remember to store up how "bored" you are waiting when you first come home and wish for a few moments of rest! God Bless!

Mayur sharma said...

I am frequent visitor of your website as i love to read out the articles posted on your website. At the same time i request to post some great article on TERNOPIL NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITYand similar as well. Thanks !!!

Ukranian Orphans